The Ag building/facility is beautiful--so many resources that it is mind boggling. One of our assignments during a teacher prep course at UF involved designing our ideal Ag facility. Well, in all honesty this facility comes pretty darn close. The following is a list of resources that we have been blessed with:
- The two classrooms have an air wall between that can be removed for larger, social functions.
- Biotechnology lab
- A computer lab for use only by our students
- An office separate from the classrooms
- A storage room...this may sound boring but storage space is definitely a commodity for any teacher, but especially Ag teachers!
- A wonderfully large Ag shop where I will soon be teaching for half of each day
- A covered animal working facility where the annual Buckeye Ag Day is held
- Several large tractors
As you can tell from the list, we have an enormous space and plenty of resources to keep us busy! I am beginning to think about the scope and sequence of my classes for this coming year, also know as what I will teach. I will post pictures of my classroom once I get it decorated in July.