I have just about made it through a sweltering Arizona summer, enjoying each moment back in this unique landscape. It has been wonderful being so close to my family and I have tried to take advantage of spending time with them each chance I get. My brother and sister-in-law are actually in the process of moving up to my hometown, which is still where my parents live. I have spent the entire summer living like a gypsy--staying with family and friends all over the place as I travel and work odd jobs for various people. I am currently house sitting for a college friend of mine while he and his wife are in Wyoming.
I started looking for houses upon returning to Arizona in May and finally made an offer on one last week. The owner was not very cooperative and the counter offer was out of my price range. While I was a bit disappointed at the time I am at peace about being back on the house hunt again. I have been praying about whether or not I should continue looking right now or take a break for 4-8 weeks while I get my feet under me at school. Will you please pray for both this decision and the process?
School starts in two and a half weeks and I am soo looking forward to it! I have been organizing, cleaning, filing, and hole punching to my little hearts content and am ready to meet my students. I have six more whole days to work on lesson plans and then I start my new teacher orientation on July 31. I will start off with an FFA review and recordbook update in all five of my classes and then I will branch off into other areas after that. I have been spending lots of time trying to prepare for my two Ag Mechanic classes and the first unit we will cover will be woodworking/framing. Following that we will cover electricity....after that.....I can't actually remember right now. Good thing I have it written down!