Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sharing God's greatness

I saw a sunset last night that I couldn't begin to describe. Awesome. Majestic. Pure. Colors so rich they were almost unreal. Alive. I was trying to take a picture of it when I saw someone walking by so I made some passing remark about how beautiful it was. I thought I knew this person but I didn't. That exchange made me smile though because it was nice to share that moment with a total stranger. It was almost like sharing a secret moment with God with an individual who I might never see again. It was thrilling and so easy to share that. I never said anything about God but He felt so evident that I didn't really need to. Why couldn't always be that easy to share God? I think it's because I often feel like I have to do the work to share the greatness of God. I should know better. God's greatness is everywhere and I will never do it justice sharing it on my own. I pray I might feel more compelled to share God's greatness with strangers and close friends, knowing full well that God is the one who is really at work in that conversation or deed.

"...but you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into this marvelous light..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been some sunset...