Katherine is rather serious in her 3-month photo but don't let her fool you folks. She is a smiler, more and more everyday in fact. She has the cutest chuckle - I wouldn't call it a laugh yet - and is very ticklish under her arms, over her ribs and under her chin. Here is a small list of her achievements at four months old:
- She weighed 13 pounds 12 ounces at her 4-month old well check (50th percentile) and measured 25 inches in length (75th percentile).
- She has just started grabbing items and bringing them to her mouth. It was just this past weekend that she managed to get a set of plastic keys far enough in her mouth that she was gagging herself, repeatedly. If that's not a milestone, I don't know what is.
- She also loves to grab her pacifier and try to re-insert it in her mouth. She is not very successful at this yet but she has a mighty strong grip.
- I am still pumping four times a day so she can eat a hearty 3 1/2 ounces of milk roughly every 3 hours.
- Praise the Lord, she is sleeping through the night! She hits the rack early though - 6pm - and wakes mid-morningish for a quick snack before sleeping in until 6am or so.
- She holds her head up rather well although she despises tummy time. She loves to sit on my lap and watch her brother roving about as he lovingly destroys any semblance of order in our living room.
|I almost captured a smile this time around. Maybe next month.|
|Loving on his sister in the swing. He loves to lean in for a "hug"!|