Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Memorable moments as a teacher

Two weeks ago I worked out in a pair Adidas athletic shorts that I've had since I played soccer which seems to be about 10 years ago. They are ancient but they seem to have amazing longevity; that is until last week. Immediately after working out that evening, I drove back to school for a two hour practice with my parliamentary procedure team which consists of six of my students. The girls were very giggly but I didn't think anything of it because I have become accustomed to ignoring my students because they're always staring and laughing. I left practice that night thinking nothing more of the matter.

One week later I work out again in the same shorts. About 10 minutes into the workout, a nice Hispanic woman approaches and informs me that I have a huge hole in the back of my shorts. I kind of shrug, then ask how big the hole is. She says, "REALLY big." I reached around just to confirm how big "REALLY" is and found out that basically the whole seam was gaping open. I thanked her quickly and immediately thought how classy it was to be working out and sharing the color of my underwear with everyone behind me. My thoughts quickly moved to last week and it hit me that the reason my girls were so giggly last week is because I had my hiney on display. Nice job Katy.

I'm sure one day I'll look back fondly on the many embarassing moments I had as a teacher but for now I'll just have to take it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Janette's Joys said...

And stories like this are why GOd made blogs:)

Esquire's Wife said...

Oh no!!! I know you weren't laughing at the time, but that's a funny story! Thanks for sharing! (If it makes you feel better, I split my pants at a Crusade dance in college!)

Unknown said...

Aww KG, you know we've all been there :) Love you, chica!!