Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

"I believe in Jesus."

We are in the midst of chapter officer elections in the FFA chapter that I help oversee. During interviews on Wednesday each candidate was asked to draw a picture on a name tent that represented them. Upon coming in the interview room they were asked to explain what the picture meant. Two of my students drew crosses and both proceeded to explain that they believed in Jesus and that He is their everything. The boy said, "I want to glorify and honor God in all I do; in all my decisions and everything."

I was so impressed by the boldness with which they shared. Now I knew that both students were Christians before the interview but I know that sharing your faith with peers (who were on the interview committee) can seem like much more of a risk. I was just so encouraged by this, especially in a public school setting. I hope you are too!