Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

HB 2 - Momma 0

Introducing baby food to HB has been interesting.  We've included small amounts of rice cereal in his formula since he was about three months old but it wasn't until recently that we've actually tried feeding him anything with a spoon.  I started last week by [trying] to feed him pears.  He seemed to spit everything back out with most of it ending up on his bib.  Two days later I attempted to feed him peas with the same results.  After having most of the baby food I tried to feed HB end up on his bib I decided that maybe he wasn't quite ready for this new chapter so I took a break.  For a week. Starting yesterday I started feeding him rice cereal with some formula mixed in - he liked it!  [I shouldn't be surprised since he has been drinking this same concoction for about a month now.]  I was so proud of our Lil Man that I attempted peas for the second time tonight; that's where HB scored his first point of the evening.  After getting one spoonful past his sweet little lips he lowered his head, shuddered and spit the peas out.  I tried giving him the rice cereal concoction but he just wouldn't have it after I played that little trick with the peas.  Following "dinner" I changed Lil Man's diaper; this is where HB scored his second point.  He peed on me before I could get a dry diaper in place.  [I've gotten really good at quick diaper changes but he was a quick lil guy this evening!] 

Lil Man hates peas but loves OU!
[Momma disclaimer: we don't really keep score around here.  But night's like tonight crack me up.]

5 comments:

JenShea said...

Thank you for updating your blog! I soooo missed your photos and writtings! Your little HB is a darn cutie pie and Mamma looks great! Cant wait to meet him!

Katy said...

Thanks Jenny! He has been such a blessing. We are hoping to make it to Montana next summer for Grandma's 90th birthday. Hope to see you then!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! We have the same green Bumbo!

Rachel said...

He is such a cutie pie!!!

agrocks said...

I love this post. The little guy is ADORABLE! Beautiful eyes...