Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

L-O-V-E

I know it's not Valentine's Day, but love has been on my mind a lot this past year and I was reminded of that this morning as I listened to Toby Mac's song "I was made to love." I attended the Passion '07 conference in Atlanta, Georgia last year and several speakers really challenged my thoughts on loving God. I know I love God, but I have a really hard time wrapping my small mind around this HUGE concept.

The bible says God is love--how do I love love? How do I love God more? What does it mean to love God? What will loving God more look like in my life (I am very visual)? With the help of the Holy Spirit I have sorted through some of this jumble of thoughts over the past year and right now, simply put, loving God more looks like loving others more. In practical, every day ways. God created people, and He loves his creation. If I am to become like Christ that means I too must learn to love people in the same way that Christ does. Selflessly. Unconditionally. Mercifully. Graciously. Consistently. Perfectly.

On top of it all, I know that I am already unable to love the way that I am supposed to. Again though, I must remember that God's love is so sufficient and generous in my life, that I am able to, in a very small way, begin loving as Christ did.

No comments: