Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong

Have you ever had one of those days where if something could go wrong it would go wrong?  That was totally last Thursday.

I had Katherine's 6-month well check and the pediatrician was distracted which frustrated me to no end.  I locked myself out of the house and I had two sleeping babies in the car.  I realized I forgot to replace the hide-a-key which was hiding on my kitchen counter.  I ran over something on I-10 while driving to get my husband's house key and my tire popped.  Both jacks in my truck no longer worked.  And the icing on the cake? My spare tire was flat too.

A "side of the road" selfie with HB.  Captured during one of the moments where he was  not frustrated and crying.

That day was certainly one where there were plenty of opportunities to complain to the Lord.  As all of this was happening though God was gently reminding me of the two week study that I had been participating in through Good Morning Girls.  The theme of this particular study was "Thanksgiving" and for the past two weeks we have been reading scripture every day that pertains to giving thanks to the Lord.  Despite blessings or challenges, we are to come to the Lord with thanksgiving for he is the Rock of our salvation.  (Psalm 95:1) I am so grateful for the past two weeks - I had a full cup of scripture to draw upon yesterday as one frustrating incident after another occurred.  Not to say that I didn't have a few moments where I was on the brink of breaking down.  But through it all, I kept feeling thankful.  And the true praise for that can only be given to our God. 

I share this story, one, because it is humorous, and, two, because I was made aware of the importance of scripture in our lives once again.  I surely would have lost it more than once yesterday  had I not had 10+ scriptures running through my mind about giving thanks to the Lord in all circumstances and at all times.  Regardless of the season of my life I have reason after reason to come to singing praises and shouting joyfully to the Lord.

Oh, and I can't forget to make mention of how thankful I am for my handy hubby.  He left the AI (artificial insemination) class he was in to rescue us.  He was truly my knight in shining armor yesterday.  Love you babe!



Haven't heard of Good Morning Girls before?  It is an online bible study for women.  For more information, check out their website here.

1 comment:

AmyG said...

Sooo sorry for your crazy, hard day!!! But, I am so glad God had been preparing your heart for it! Love and miss you, friend. Happy Thanksgiving!! Amos :)