Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

I said yes!












These pictures really don't need a caption, but in case the title wasn't enough, I said "yes" on Friday, February 11! As a quick introduction to this, I met my future husband one year ago yesterday (February 20, 2010) when he put on a sheep workshop for my students at the high school Ag department where I teach. Neither of us were looking for someone at the time but here we are a year later preparing for marriage. We dated on and off for several months, with Kelly perservering while I tried to give him the "Heisman strong arm" as he calls it. Per my request we stopped talking, texting and all communication last summer and thankfully we began talking again in late August and started dating seriously in late September. Right after I had agreed to date Kelly in September he sheared his first message to me into sheep for another livestock clinic for my Ag program; it said "Katy's the best and prettiest too." I was completely embarassed because in addition to myself seeing this message, so did 30 other students and parents in attendance at this livestock clinic. Fast forward five months and we are now engaged! I am blessed in more ways than I can describe, and praise God everyday for the kind, humble, hard working man that He has given to me in Kelly. We will marry on Mary 28 and I look forward to sharing more with you about this wonderful man as we make decisions and prepare for our lifelong commitment to one another.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Katy!!! And such a cute proposal!

Rachel said...

Man, he's a good shearer, to get all that done and do such a good job!

Congratulations to you both!
:)

Whitney Daws said...

Couldn't be happier for you Katy!! What a cute idea for a proposal! :)

LeAnna said...

Awwww, congratulations!!! This is just too precious!

Anna said...

Love it! So blessed to have him and Brandy join the family!

Kaley Badger said...

Awww loved hearing your story! (Amy filled me in) It is the perfect Disney Princess story! Maybe one day they will do one about a rancher's Daughter! Congrats!

The Hursts said...

So happy for you and Kelly! How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about him... do tell...